Has anyone ever broken your heart??
The answer will be an emphatic 'YES!' from most of you. But few of you might have ever realised how much a rejection of a romantic proposal or a break-up has benefited you. Here is a list of 10 such reasons why we need to have a heart-break at least once in our lifetime. These are strictly based on personal experience ( I maintain experience also comes from observing others..) and hence I can't guarantee you all 10 of these. But more or less, its in general for everyone.
10. Reality check. Yes, now you know what you lack or where you went wrong.C'mon, you can't just blame it on the other person or your destiny.There must be issues about you which now as you know them, can improve upon.
9. You value relationships more now. Be it with your parents, siblings, friends or relatives.You will spend time with them more often. Maybe, just to run away from that void feeling within but still it strengthens those bonds.
8. You become a better FLIRT. Yes, you more often than not bring out that naughty side of yours, without any feeling of guilt. Flirting becomes a lot more easier when you do it with anyone and everyone in your radar without being worried about the results.
7. How often have you noticed a heart-broken guy/girl listening to sad songs or sharing sentimental updates/poetry on Facebook?? Quite often,right?? Yes, a heartbreak gives your artistic sense a push. Even, the musically deaf individuals would start finding meanings in all romantic songs (sad ones basically) or the most insensitive ones would start writing poetic lines of their own. And you never know....some of them even turn out to be surprisingly good at these and end up being applauded for new creations (mainly by other such 'victims' of course)
6. Now you can just "be yourself". This might sound cliche but one can't deny the various attempts one makes to impress that special person, often going overboard in their attempts and ending up displeasing them rather than rising in their eyes.
[ Don't confuse this as contradictory to No.10. Being your true self doesn't rule out scope for improvement in character or personality.]
5. Your friends now don't have complains about you being unavailable. Infact, you will always end up hanging out with them most of the time. Moreover, you will also discover how some of your friends are so good at counselling and will make you wonder why they didn't make a career out of that!!
4. Like your friends' counselling abilities, you will discover multi-dimensional talents in yourself. Yes, being busy is the best thing you can do when you try to get over someone and if there is not enough work you tend to CREATE work. In the meantime, you might help others with their work too and get those grateful smiles in return.
3.This one's crazy! You will find a new-found confidence on your memory. The way you have to keep fighting off those sweet, old memories that keep recurring to you every now and then, you have got to say to yourself,
"Damn, why the hell couldn't I remember those lessons at school/college??!!"
2. Okay! you are a much stronger person now. You will definitely not feel the same amount of pain the next time you face an emotional loss, of any kind.
1. New beginnings.Well, whatever it was, it WAS !! It gives you a chance to pick up the broken pieces and build up again. You may keep denying it, but you will eventually...
|Click to see the Spicy Saturday Picks|